CIVIL ENGINEER – WATER/WASTEWATER
Location: Salisbury, Maryland; Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), we value community minded individuals. Our Water/Wastewater Engineers design, enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live, and play in. From the buildings you enter to the bridge you cross; you’ll find the hard work and dedication of an engineer. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem solving and design.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who can perform municipal engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction of public infrastructure projects; one who will take pride in the work they perform to improve the local landscape. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in stormwater, water, wastewater, roadway design, and project management.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize design software, computer aided drafting, and other applicable tools to plan, design, and permit municipal/public works projects such as water infrastructure (including but not limited to supply, treatment, distribution, and storage), sanitary sewer infrastructure (including but not limited to collection, conveyance, treatment, and disposal), roadway and streetscape improvements, and stormwater conveyance/management.
- Assist local municipalities with plan reviews, project planning, and associated coordination with regulatory agencies.
- Prepare funding applications, reports, studies, and grants related to municipal/public works projects.
- Perform construction administration duties for municipal/public works projects including but not limited to procurement and submittal, pay requisition, and construction change order reviews and recommendations as well as funding disbursement requests.
- Attend municipal meetings and public hearings as necessary.
- Coordinate permitting with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and necessary for successful completion of municipal/public works projects.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate would possess a four (4) year degree in civil engineering. A minimum of four (4) years of related experience, proficiency in AutoCAD and the demonstrated ability to market and work with municipalities and regulatory agencies is expected. The preferred candidate shall possess a professional engineering license in the state of Maryland or Delaware, or have the ability to obtain licensure within 12 months of employment.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.