RESIDENT PROJECT REPRESENTATIVE
Location: Salisbury, Maryland; Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our resident project representatives (RPR), also known as construction inspectors, play a critical role in the success of our projects. In coordination with the project manager, they are responsible for all construction-related functions, and for ensuring that projects are constructed per the contract documents and construction plans. As on-site personnel, they monitor construction operations and document and report daily activities.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is eager to improve our built environment. They should be well versed in reading and understanding construction plans. Knowledge of contract administration development is preferred, but not required. Organizational skills and the ability to effectively serve as a liaison between clients, contractors and project managers are a must. The selected candidate will be responsible for civil/site work with a focus on utilities.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer several opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Maintain daily field reports, quantity book, and logbook if applicable, supplemented by photographs.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to contract and legal requirements.
- Inspect and monitor construction activity to ensure adherence to project drawings and specifications. Review contract requirements ahead of the work to anticipate schedules and issues.
- Measures dimensions, verify alignment, elevation of structures and utilities to ensure compliance to plans and specifications, and maintain a legible sketchbook.
- Verify that materials used in the work comply with shop drawings.
- Keep supervisor informed of construction activity daily and seek input from the design team for discrepancies.
- Maintain as-built drawings daily or weekly as the project assignment progresses.
- Maintain a sketchbook of underground fitting installations with dimension offsets.
- Completion of Construction Compliance Reports for site work in Delaware for compliance approved stormwater and erosion and sediment control plans.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The applicant shall possess a high school diploma. Water and wastewater operations are a plus but not required.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how buildings are constructed.
Client Focused – Ability to respond to client needs in a timely manner.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.