Location: Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our Environmental Scientists work with DBF’s team of architects and engineers to protect the natural environment. DBF scientists compile data though surveys and investigations, collecting and analyzing samples of soil, water, air and other materials in order to safeguard our communities and the people in it.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is forward-thinking, driven and reliable; one who will identify opportunities to improve the quality of work and services, and participate in their implementation. This position will include working with DBF’s seasoned environmental scientists, architects, surveyors, and engineers on infrastructure projects across the mid-Atlantic. General work includes preparation of technical reports, natural resource impact tracking, conducting regulatory research, and environmental construction compliance monitoring. This position is both in the field and in the office.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer several opportunities for promotion depending on your capabilities.
- Conduct field sampling activities, including, but not limited to soil sampling, groundwater sampling, and stormwater sampling.
- Perform environmental site assessments.
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports based on results of field sampling activities.
- Assist with permit applications.
- Assist with wetland delineations, forest delineations, stream restoration design and monitoring, regulatory permitting, and environmental construction compliance.
- Inspect stormwater and erosion control devices.
- Assist with project scopes and proposals submissions.
- Review and analyze field data.
- Conduct remedial system operations and maintenance at project sites.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The ideal applicant shall possess a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Geology, or a related field. Knowledge of AutoCAD and ArchGIS is a plus.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how buildings are constructed.
Analytical – Ability to examine in detail and develop workable solutions.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.