CIVIL ENGINEER – ENTRY LEVEL
Location: Milford, Delaware and Easton, Maryland
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), we value community minded individuals. Our Civil Engineers design, enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live and play in. From the water you drink to the bridge you cross; you’ll find the hard work and dedication of an engineer. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem solving and design.
Desired qualifications include problem solving aptitude, the ability to work with colleagues and clients, and proficiency in CAD. Basic knowledge of water, wastewater, stormwater, and/or roadway systems is preferred. Designs will include both commercial sites and subdivisions.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Perform civil design analysis and calculations according to project requirements.
- Assistance with planning projects based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps and other geologic and topographical data.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Coordinate permitting with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate would possess a four (4) year degree in civil engineering.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how sites and buildings are designed and constructed.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.