Location: Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), we value community minded individuals. Our Civil/Municipal Engineers design, enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live and play in. From the water you drink to the bridge you cross; you’ll find the hard work and dedication of an engineer. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem solving and design.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who can perform municipal engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction of public infrastructure projects; one who will take pride in the work they perform to improve the local landscape. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in stormwater, water, wastewater, roadway design, and project management.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures such as transportation or hydraulics.
- Perform civil design analysis and calculations according to project requirements.
- Plan projects based on the based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps and other geologic and topographical data.
- Draft and present reports on topics related to projects such as stormwater reports and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Coordinate permitting with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate would possess a four (4) year degree in civil engineering. A minimum of four (4) years of related experience, proficiency in AutoCAD and the demonstrated ability to market and work with planners and developers is expected. The preferred candidate shall possess a professional engineering license in the State of Delaware or have the ability to obtain licensure within 12 months of employment.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how sites and buildings are designed and constructed.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached.