Location: Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our Civil Designers play an essential supporting role in the production of a variety of infrastructure designs. Our designers help to enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live, and play in. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem-solving and design.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, driven, and reliable; one who will identify opportunities to improve the quality of work and services and participate in their implementation. This position will include reviewing technical drawings and assisting in the preparation of construction documents. Operating in both the public and private sectors, the ideal candidate would be aware of all local, state, and federal regulations as they relate to those areas.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize latest design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and designs other necessary and related systems and structures.
- Perform civil design analysis and calculations according to project requirements.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of correspondence, cost estimates and bid documents for clients.
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field conditions and taking verifying measurements within project areas.
- Incorporate all information from surveys, project documentation, and jurisdiction codes into design.
- Use feedback to modify existing designs and develop solutions
- Provide timely technical assistance.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate shall possess a two (2) or four (4) year degree in civil engineering, and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with basic civil/site design, including grading and drainage, utilities and erosion design control for residential and commercial projects.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how sites and buildings are designed and constructed.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached.