Location: Salisbury, Maryland
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our Architectural Designers play an essential supporting role in the production of technical details through drawings, sketches and specifications, in order to bring a project vision to life. Our designers plan and design structures for commercial, residential, educational, cultural, healthcare, military, public safety and other types of facilities.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, driven and reliable; one who will identify opportunities to improve the quality of work and services, and participate in their implementation. This position will include preparing design and construction documents for presentation to clients and for the purpose of bidding and construction.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer several opportunities for promotion depending on your capabilities.
- Preparation of detailed construction documents that can be used by contractors to prepare bids and construct projects.
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field measurements to create an accurate depiction of the existing structure in plan and elevation.
- Create detailed and rough scale plans for structures, foundations and buildings based upon preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering calculations and other data.
- Incorporate all information from surveys, project documentation and all applicable codes into a design.
- Use feedback to modify existing designs and develop solutions.
- Provide timely technical assistance.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred applicant shall possess a four-year architecture degree, or a two-year degree with at least two (two) years of experience with the responsibilities listed above. Proficiency in AutoCAD (Architectural Desktop), BIM (Revit), and other applicable tools to create presentation and construction drawings is preferred. Preference will be given to those with at least two (2) years of related experience
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how buildings are constructed.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.