Location: Salisbury, Maryland
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our architects design and plan structures for commercial, residential, educational, cultural, healthcare, military, public safety, and various other types of facilities across the Eastern Shore. We are drivers of innovation; re-imagining the future and adapting to the changing ways that people live, work, and play. Our Architects are advocates for sustainability, cultural and economic diversity, and public health and safety.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is a natural leader, artistically driven, and technically savvy; one who will identify opportunities to improve the quality of work and services and participate in their implementation. This position will include preparing design and construction documents for presentation to our clients and for the purpose of bidding and construction.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion depending on your capabilities.
• Preparation of detailed construction documents that can be used by contractors to prepare bids and construct the project.
• Create detailed and rough scale plans for structures, foundations and buildings, based upon preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering calculations and other data provided.
• Manage all architectural aspects from concept through punch list.
• Incorporate all information from surveys, project documentation, and all applicable codes into design.
• Foster and maintain relationships with clients and consultants.
• Identify and participate in business development activities.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate shall possess a four (4) year degree in architecture and must be licensed in the State of Maryland. Proficiency in AutoCAD (Architectural Desktop), BIM (Revit), and other applicable tools to create presentations and construction drawings.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of how buildings are designed and constructed.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached.