Location: Salisbury, Maryland; Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), our Municipal Designers play an essential supporting role in the production of a variety of infrastructure designs. Our designers help to enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live, and play in. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem-solving and design.
In this role, we are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, driven, and reliable; one who will identify opportunities to improve the quality of work and services and participate in their implementation. This position will include reviewing technical drawings and assisting in the preparation of construction documents. The ideal candidate should have knowledge in stormwater, water, wastewater, and roadway design.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize design software, computer aided drafting, and other applicable tools to plan, design, and permit municipal/public works projects such as water infrastructure (including but not limited to supply, treatment, distribution, and storage), sanitary sewer infrastructure (including but not limited to collection, conveyance, treatment and disposal), roadway and streetscape improvements, and stormwater conveyance/management.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparing correspondence, cost estimates and bid documents for clients.
- Perform field activities such as observing and recording existing field conditions and taking verifying measurements within project areas.
- Incorporate all information from surveys, project documentation, and jurisdiction codes into design
- Perform design analysis and calculations according to project requirements.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate would possess at least a two (2) year degree in civil engineering and/or a minimum of two (2) years of related experience with preparation of construction details and drawings is preferred.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail and have a solid understanding of municipal operations.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply, contact email@example.com with your resume attached.