ENTRY LEVEL – MUNICIPAL ENGINEER
Location: Salisbury, Maryland; Milford, Delaware
At Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. (DBF), we value community minded individuals. Our Municipal Engineers design, enhance, maintain and protect the communities we work, live and play in. From the water you drink to the bridge you cross; you’ll find the hard work and dedication of an engineer. Our mission is to improve the quality of life in our communities by creating value through problem solving and design.
Desired qualifications include problem solving aptitude, the ability to work with colleagues and clients, and proficiency in CAD. Basic knowledge of water, wastewater, stormwater, and/or roadway systems is preferred.
DBF’s portfolio includes projects of a wide variety, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your abilities, this position is the perfect fit for you. We also offer opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs.
- Utilize design software, computer aided drafting, and other applicable tools to plan, design, and permit municipal/public works projects such as water infrastructure (including but not limited to supply, treatment, distribution, and storage), sanitary sewer infrastructure (including but not limited to collection, conveyance, treatment, and disposal), roadway and streetscape improvements, and stormwater conveyance/management.
- Assist local municipalities with plan reviews, project planning, and associated coordination with regulatory agencies.
- Assistance with preparation of funding applications, reports, studies, and grants related to municipal/public works projects.
- Perform construction administration duties for municipal/public works projects including but not limited to procurement and submittal, pay requisition, and construction change order reviews and recommendations as well as funding disbursement requests.
- Coordinate permitting with local agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and necessary for successful completion of municipal/public works projects.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
The preferred candidate would possess a four (4) year degree in civil engineering.
The preferred candidate should be:
Detail Oriented – Ability to exercise attention to detail.
Creative – Ability to innovate and develop creative solutions within the built environment.
An Effective Communicator – Ability to clearly communicate ideas, actively listen, and ask appropriate questions.
A Critical Thinker – Ability to problem solve, make good decisions, and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
To apply. contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached.